Did you catch it? If you didn't, here is the most important part:
- "And that's to be expected, because if you don't have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare voters. If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things." (see the full transcript here: http://uspolitics.about.com/od/speeches/a/obama_accept_5.htm)
- Like claiming republicans want to push granny off a cliff? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGnE83A1Z4U
- Like claiming that republicans will "end medicare as we know it?" http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/wasserman-schultzs-bogus-claim-that-the-gop-medicare-plan-will-throw-you-to-the-wolves/2011/05/31/AG8y9lFH_blog.html
- Like claiming a Romney/Ryan presidency will raise the middle class's taxes by $2,000? (see the ad within the post) http://loudmouthelephant.blogspot.com/2012/08/obama-continues-to-lie-about-taxes.html
I could go on and on and on. But what about the next thing Obama said:
"You paint your opponent as someone you should run from?" Hmmm. Well, let's look at Mitt Romney, shall we? Let's see if this is someone we should run from.
- He has had no scandals. None. Period. Go ahead and find one. Good luck.
- He gave $2,983,794 to charity. http://thorndike.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Romney1040-2010.pdf
- He gave away his inheritance. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/aug/27/reince-priebus/republican-national-committee-chair-reince-priebus/
- He is successful. He succeeded in college. He succeeded as governor of Massachusetts. He succeeded as the head of Bain Capital. He succeeded in turning around the Olympics.
- He works well with democrats.
- He stopped the show while at Bain Capital to help search for a partner's missing daughter. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/jan/30/chain-email/viral-internet-story-says-mitt-romney-helped-locat/
He sounds like such a jerk, huh? Of course, I'm joking, and of course, I could go on and on and on. But I ask, "should we run from Mitt Romney?" I sure as heck don't think so. I have no idea why we should from from a scandal-free, executive experience-loaded, big hearted, go-getting, pious, successful, candidate. But that's not what Team Obama, the liberal media, and the Obama surrogates would have you believe. They want you to think:
- He's greedy.
- He skirts paying taxes - (in 44 years of paying taxes, do you know how many times Mitt Romney has been flagged for tax violations? Zero.)
- He's dishonest.
These are just a few examples. They truly try to paint Mitt Romney as this disgusting, devil-of-a-figure that is sleeping under your bed waiting to strike after you vote him in.
Moving on... let's not forget the last major quote from then-candidate Obama:
"You make a big election about small issues."
All I have to say is "really?". You know... these are the most pressing, important issue of this election:
- Paul Ryan's marathon time.
- Etch-a-sketch (the most taken out of context quip to date).
- Cookiegate. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/19/romney-cookie-pennsylvania-bakery_n_1436333.html
- Mitt putting a dog on his roof.
- Ann Romney's therapeutic horses.
And, of course, the big one:
- Mitt Romney's tax returns.
So what do you think? Is this video relevant? Should Obama take his own advice? Did I miss any key points here? Please share your thoughts below. Pass this on, and just remember: #Question