Open Chat... All Day, Every Day! Express Your Views, Debate, and Challenge the Views of Others!

In order to keep up with the nature of free, spirited debate, I wanted to place the chat feature at the top of the homepage. This ensures people can come here and share their views on anything they wish and not have it be related to any specific discussion. Here, people can share ideas, links, and views "unmoderated" and an their own pace. To me, this makes The Elephant in the Room blog truly a place for debate.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Santorum Sweeps Colorado, Minnesota, and Missouri

Source: www.wikipedia.org

He shoots, he scores! It was a hat-trick night for the Senator from Pennsylvania as Rick Santorum won the Colorado and Minnesota caucuses as well as the non-binding Missouri primary.

The results as of 6:47am are below:


Is this a "wow!" moment? How does Romney regain traction after this? I have heard in the media that conservatives rallied around Santorum because of the Obamacare stipulation that requires all healthcare providers, regardless of religious affiliation, to supply contraception including the Morning After Pill.

What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Probably is very bad news for Republicans as a whole, as Santorum will not do well against Obama if he wins the nomination.

    Santorum has done a fine job capturing the attention of evangelicals and the far right, but he needs far more than just that to do well in the election. This election comes down more to winning over Democrats displeased with Obama, as well as a good portion of the Independent vote… and Santorum isn’t appealing to those areas at all thus far; and even if he shifted his campaign to try to he may have trouble at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is most certainly a wow moment! I was shocked he went for all 3 races. I thought Paul would have a MUCH better showing in CO... Shows you what I know :)! I think Romney is still in good shape (though my image of him sobbing in a corner with his head in his hands and wondering aloud why nobody likes him is at the point where I'm ready to write a skit and ship it to SNL). I do think though he has to be wondering aout MN where he got his ass beat by both Santorum and Paul. But ME is next and Romney should be able to regain his mojo there. He will need to focus on AZ and MI coming up at the end of the month. If he does well there it should carry him strongly into Super Tuesday.

    I like your theory, LME, that the conservatives rallied around him as this contraception issue grows - an issue I think Obama should back down from. I also think Santorum saw a bump in MO from Gingrich voters which, if true, gives credence to my contention that those two are killing each other more than they are individually or collectively killing Romney which is what they've been trying to do. A Santorum/Gingrich ticket could be very powerful for the base. This wins were all decisive wins by Santorum. Romney was up in CO by as much as 10% pts as late as two days ago which lends itself to LME's theory.

    I think it's time for Gingrich to think long and hard about getting out and backing Santorum. If he really wants to beat Mitt, that is virtually his only chance.

    Paul's just rolling along!

    A very exciting race just got more so and Romney is running out of time to figure out why people don't like him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *****URBAN DICTIONARY Definition *******

    santorum (san-TOR-um) n.
    1. The frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter
    that is sometimes the by-product of anal sex.

    I think it fits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering how long it would be after his win before some loser like you was posting that ignorant childish libtard crap on this board.

      So, do you have a lot of santorum in your rectum along with a few other mens and possibly farm animals bodily fluids? I'm guessing that it's gallons a day.

      Delete
    2. I didn't make it up. Just look at his weasel smile.I heard that's how he won. I'm betting you are jealous you didn't in on a little Santorum yourself. Am I right buttercup?

      Delete
    3. I know you didn't make it up skunk stool. You ain't smart enough.

      Delete
    4. Awww , did I hurt you wittow feewings ??

      Come here and sit on my lap Nancy, I'll teach you the real meaning of Santorum.

      Delete