Open Chat... All Day, Every Day! Express Your Views, Debate, and Challenge the Views of Others!

In order to keep up with the nature of free, spirited debate, I wanted to place the chat feature at the top of the homepage. This ensures people can come here and share their views on anything they wish and not have it be related to any specific discussion. Here, people can share ideas, links, and views "unmoderated" and an their own pace. To me, this makes The Elephant in the Room blog truly a place for debate.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Welcome

Well, if you haven't figured it out yet, this is a pretty darn conservative blog. Why are you here? Perhaps you'd like to receive your daily dose of conservative rants. Or maybe you enjoy seeing the liberal media and its ostentatious bias exposed. Maybe you'd like to learn something... or you like to debate. Who knows? 

Let me tell you why I'm here:

1. I'm conservative. Okay, okay. Not totally. I'm very fiscally conservative. In fact, it's really the only thing I care about. I'm not religious, and my views on social issues are not based on any type of faith. Can my fellow conservatives handle that? With all that out of the way, my education is in economics. My interest is in economics. Sure, I'll post other interesting things. I'll even post sports info sometimes. But at the heart of my ardor is economics and how it ties into everything in our daily lives. Economics and politics make a wonderful mixed drink, and, to me, I enjoy the challenging commentary.

2. I like to debate, and hopefully you do too. When it comes to opposing positions, I believe a debate is a healthy apparatus for any intelligent person to exploit. But, as with many things, there is a good side and a bad side. To me, if people debate on a subject, the high scorers or winners or whatever you would call them are the ones that back their statements and subsequent conclusions with cold, hard facts. The losers are those that tend to have the logic of "George W. Bush is stupid because he is an idiot." Facts? Evidence? Cite something, please? Now, if that person were to say "George W. Bush is a fool because he believed faulty intelligence and sent our troops to war, and, by definition, because he believed in something that wasn't true, he was a fool," then, by golly, I might disagree with you, but you have a fact-based statement, and to me, that's respectable. This blog encourages debate. Please make them in the comment sections. Please keep it clean, and hopefully........ intelligent. 

3. I care! Yes, there is sarcasm in there. Do I actually care? Sure. But I can't do much about it. I can get on here once in a while and rant and complain and all that. It's my place and my blog. I want to share things, and I want people to debate. Most importantly, I care that people have fun. And who knows? If they can learn something (albeit, yes, it will be coming from my point of view), then it's worth it. 

Welcome. Stay tuned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment